X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Marriage reg help

On Ancestry have a marriage ref in 1913 Victoria but
    Alice Jane Knight
    Geo Frank Lugg (which I take to be George)

or
    Frederick Geo Lugg
    Jane Alice Knight

same reference number 9494

why the discrepancy ?

probably down to a mistrancription val i take it you've viewed the index on the victorian bmd site?

Comment

hi yes I did and that says Alice Jane Knight and Fredk Geo Lugg so would you say that is the right one ???

Comment

which name was she bapt with Val? maybe she preferred one name over the other? so wanted the name she used most at the beginning?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi and thanks ,I dont know Julie she was born In Australia not found her Bap .

Comment

hmm well swapping names around isn't too much a big deal.....also dropping names isn't unusual. i thought you were referring to one saying the groom was frederick and the other saying frank?

Comment

the thing is Kyle there are two Luggs one Frederick George the other Frank born abt the same time as each other

Comment

but both cant have married your knight can they val.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                  but both cant have married your knight can they val.
                  Unless the first one died and your Alice/Jane was like that "woman next door" who "wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam" so that all her husbands were called 'Enery.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X