Now here's a funny thing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now here's a funny thing.....

Some of you may recall my Chandler brothers, Charles and Jonathan. Born Liverpool 1832 and 1834, who were block maker / Mariners. And the devil I've had trying to trace them after 1861.

I have had nightmares trying to track down their years of death.......found nothing on land or at sea.......however, something has popped up on FMP....and yes, I know, I'm clutching at straws here.....but I won't know unless I try so here goes..........

I think that on occasion, they may have sailed together/worked together or at least been in the same part of the country. or port at some point. That is why I latched onto this.........

FMP England & Wales deaths 1837 -2006

Bedfordshire 2 Unnamed Chandler's Male. Died 1864 (Year would be highly likely)
    Dec q. 3B 226.

I need to believe/know, this is not a double entry for one person....but i suppose there is no way of finding out for sure as they are unnamed.

Don't know either what they would have been about in Bedfordshire?

Can someone enlighten me please?
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

My first thought seeing an unnamed registration is that it relates to a child.
    If you check the birth registrations there are two unnamed male Chandlers registered in 1864 4th qtr. Bedford.
    The deaths could relate to them!
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine is probably right, but still it might be worth you phoning Bedford Register Office and asking if this was tqwo adults or tweo children. they may be in a good mood and tell you! (The GRO ref won't bew any use to them of course).

OC

Comment

Ah! thanks Elaine, never thought of that......mind is so boggled by these 2. Had visions, if it had been them, that they may have died in some terrible accident together.
        Have to go off and do some more straw clutching then boo hoo!
        Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          Elaine is probably right, but still it might be worth you phoning Bedford Register Office and asking if this was tqwo adults or tweo children. they may be in a good mood and tell you! (The GRO ref won't bew any use to them of course).

OC
          That's another avenue to take OC many thanks. Can't afford to overlook anything after so long searching for them. It would be great to put them to rest. I'll give it a go on Monday. Thanks again OC.
          Jen

Comment

Just crosschecked with Ancestry (FreeBMD). Registration district is Bedford, so Bedford RO would be the correct one to ask.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X