Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BURIAL Islington, London - help needed to find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BURIAL Islington, London - help needed to find.

Since finding James Prockter Harding on various websites to do with hymns etc, one of them has asked me to confirm his burial place, and if poss photo of it and him.

His dob: 19.5.1850. Died: 21/1/1911 Islington. He was choirmaster/organist at St Andrew, Thornhill Square, Barnsbury, Islington, Middx so I imagine that is where he was buried.

This is probably too late a date for Ancestry burials? Can anyone help before I e mail the church. Their archives are probably held elsewhere.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 10-09-11, 15:12.
    Liz

Looks as if registers are at the LMA

Have checked the LMA burials on Ancestry and Barnsbury is not there.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I thought that might be the case. I will think about e mailing St Andrews..you never know they might have a plaque for him in the church.
      Liz

Comment

Islington has a cemetery in Finchley and their records are on www.deceasedonline.com I have had a quick look but couldn't see a James Harding burial in 1911. Did he have family connections elsewhere I wonder?
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks Judith for looking for me. I am pretty sure he would be buried at the church where he played such a prominent role and intend to e mail them on Monday for help.
          Liz

Comment

Working...
          X