Newcastle Evening Chronicle - Copy Obituary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcastle Evening Chronicle - Copy Obituary

I have found an excellent site which lists deaths in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle

The death I am looking at is that of Robert Gray 12 th February 1900 aged 81. Can anyone please help me find a copy of the original entry. It mentions the British Newspapers website, but I have had no luck on there.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

I found this on B&G forums - perhaps Rootschat can help

Go to the rootschat website,
    Then go to England Counties, Northumberland, Looks Up Requests.
    You will see lots of requests for Evening Chronicle Death Notice lookups.

Comment

Many thanks for that ayse. Off to have a look
      Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

I didn't know if I'd have time to go to the library so I didn't mention it. (I live in Newcastle). However, on the 6th floor there is a family history centre. A very helpful assistant pointed me in the right direction and I looked at the Evening Chronicle for 12th Feb. 1900. This is what I found.

"Gray - 43, Tyne Road East, Gateshead on the 10th inst. Robert aged 81(?), glass manufacturer. Internment at Gateshead Cemetary, 2.00 o'clock Tuesday. All friends to meet at 57, Tyne Road East."

I hope this is what you were looking for. If you need me to look for anything else, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

All the best Ayse

Comment

Many thanks ayse for taking the time and trouble. The information is invaluable.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
          X