Help needed to find Mary Ann Woods in 1841-61 censuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to find Mary Ann Woods in 1841-61 censuses

UPDATED: I am just putting finishing touches to my tree on T. Pages and haven't subs to Ancestry, etc.

Mary Ann Woods in 1871 lived with her sister, Eleanor Standen, on Isle of Wight and was her housekeeper in Eleanor's lodging house. She is not with her prior to that. I have her death at Epsom, Surrey in 1873.

She was born 1799 (bap at St Giles Cripplegate, City of London, Middx - have her details of that). NB: She remained single. Her sisters put their birthplace as City of London, Middx. so she might put that too.

I have found what seems to be her in 1841 on Ancestry with birth year 1801 Middx. Her residence is Middx on that. She is there in 1851 too. In 1861, I can see just a Mary Woods b 1803, residing Surrey.

Need all the details and if correct, would you be kind enough to mail me the images.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 08-09-11, 10:52.
    Liz

1861 census shows Mary Woods - widow - aged 58 - occ. Stay Maker
    Address 1 Canal Bridge, Old Kent Road.
    Born Middlesex City Road.
    RG9; Piece: 384; Folio: 105; Page: 6

Presume this is not your Mary as she is listed as a widow.

1851 census shows Mary Woods born 1802 Bloomsbury Middlesex - living in Lambeth, Surrey. Again shown as a widow.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for trying Elaine...I knew I had researched this first time around a few years ago and that must have thrown me. Perhaps she was thought to be a widow by the head of the household or if she was the head, that it was more respectable to be a widow. I will copy your findings on to her word doc to keep for future ref.
      Liz

Comment

Working...
      X