Mocavo/ IGI batches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mocavo/ IGI batches

Can anyone say anything about the usefulness of the Mocavo family history site: IGI batch numbers seem out of reach nowadays - any way round it?

Best wishes. Happy days

What exactly are you trying to do with the batch numbers. You can still use them for searching on FamilySearch.
    Elaine

Comment

if you are looking at the Hugh Wallis site, click on the village/place you want with the dates, then copy the Batch number (hi-light, right click and copy) then goto www.familysearch.org and goto 'new search' the box drops down and at the bottom is a box to add the batch number, right click and paste, it will bring up the records from Hugh Wallis site for that particular place.

its a bit of a faff, but still gives the same results
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks girls.
        That's a bit further than I've been. I brought up LDS and filled in batch number which told me I couldn't get through.

Happy days

Comment

Where are you finding your batch numbers in the first place - are they ones you have noted from previous searches on the IGI ? -if not where are they from.
          Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I get them from the Hugh Wallis site - IGI batch numbers for Great Britain and America. Tap in the country; county and village, usually voila . Now you can progress no further.

Happy days

Comment

I am still using batch nos on the new FamilySearch site.
              Copy your batch no. from the Hugh Wallis site and then go to the new FamilySearch site - click here
              Click on Advanced Search (just to the right of the blue search button) and a box will come up where you can paste the batch number. At this point I generally just enter a surname to go with it, so that I get all the entries for that surname from that particular batch number - in a similar way as you used to be able to do via the old IGI.

Is that what you are looking for ... or am I misunderstanding you!
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by harryhayes View Post
                Elaine, I get them from the Hugh Wallis site - IGI batch numbers for Great Britain and America. Tap in the country; county and village, usually voila . Now you can progress no further.

Happy days
                Harry

the 'search' no longer is working, (on Hugh Wallis) I presume they have disabled it and transferred the info to the 'new' Familysearch site. Though you can still use the county/place pages to get the batch numbers, you now have to input them into either the 'old' familysearch site or the 'new' one.
                As Elaine has said if you use this in conjunction with a surname, you will find what you are after.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

You're good girls - the only type I ever meet. Your help is much appreciated.

Happy days

Comment

Working...
                  X