Confused with Irish records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused with Irish records

Hi I am looking for the Parents of Bridget Gavin born in Ireland . I know she married David Conniss in 1882. I have found the names of her children all born Carraroe Galway David died in 1894 and she had a second marriage to Martin Cannon and ? she died before the 1901 Irish census, as Martin was recoded as the head of the family but no mention of Bridget . I have been unable to find anymore about her. Thankyou for any surgestion as to where I should go next

on the marriage cert with david, does she mention a father? or give a rough age?
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-09-11, 12:20.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi , I have sent for the marriage cert and was told it could not be found I do not no what I am doing wrong .
      Thankyou for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshire girl View Post
        Hi , I have sent for the marriage cert and was told it could not be found I do not no what I am doing wrong .
        Thankyou for your reply
        Where did you send to? did you have the register reference numbers? How do you know they married in 1882?
        Margaret

Comment

I've had a look at the 1901 Irish census and can't see Martin Cannon or any entries for the surname Conniss. Can you say where they are?

Comment

Hi census shows them Townland Rusheenduff Barony Ballynahinch Civil Parish Ballynakill Conniss spelt Connis Had a gues at date of marriage first child born 1883

Comment

No thats not them 1901 census shows Martin Cannon head of family age 47
              Edward Connis stepson 18
              James Connis stepson 14
              David stepson 11
              Mary stepdaughter 9
              This is on form A of the census sorry I am not very good at this

Comment

Got it now. Martin is mis transcribed as Mortin have sent a correction and for the surname of the children. http://www.census.nationalarchives.i.../nai000804165/

Comment

Just had a look that is them

Comment

Have a look at this site to see if there is anything there that might be yours http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ir...ge_records.htm
                    Also have a look at the Reference Library on this site (top bar just under the logo).

Comment

Working...
                    X