Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTM 2011 Unrecognized date for Birth Fact: (UNKNOWN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2011 Unrecognized date for Birth Fact: (UNKNOWN)

I have just installed FTM 2011 Platinum and imported a gedcom file.

A page has come up listing 58 entries with the message "Unrecognized date for Birth fact: (UNKNOWN)

These entried show either just the year of birth or no information. Will I have to go through all 58 entries and edit them. If so what do I edit them too.

Your help for a complete newby to FTM 2011 would be appreciated

PS I really like the look of this new software.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

It will accept unknown - without brackets.
    it will also accept:
    1881 (just the year)
    1 September 1881 (full date)
    about 1881
    between 1881-1891
    after 1881
    before 1881
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I am going to enjoy myself so much finding my way around this new format. I used to have FTM 2005.

I see that you can delete these tasks or say they are complete. How do I get it to accept what is there and not see it as an error. Sorry to be a nuisance.
      Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Linda - can you tell me where you are seeing these tasks?
        If it is on the PLAN tab, with the CURRENT TREE tab showing - then if you put a tick in the box on the left hand side, and then click on the big red X just above - it should delete the tasks you have selected.

If it is elsewhere ... then let me know where so that I can try to replicate it.
        Elaine

Comment

Forgot to say, first you need to correct the error.
          If you are in PLAN - CURRENT TREE - TASKS
          - then click on the one you want to check - click on GO TO at the top right of the Tasks box, and it should take you to that person's family page where you can amend the info.
          Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine

Yes it was in Plan and Current Tree. I had a look at some of the entries and they were exactly as I thought they should be. So I went back to the list and deleted them all.

Have not found any untoward repercusions yet. Enjoying this new software.

Thank you for your help.
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
            X