Finding someone who is alive in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding someone who is alive in the USA

After all the help I received a couple of weeks ago regarding Asplund, I decided to join Ancestry to research possible Asplund links in the US.

I have come across a couple of problems which hopefully someone who has found people (who are alive) can help me with. Firstly, the people in question. names removed - possible living people.

I have found that Victoria died in 1968 but never married

Charlotte (with the help of others from the forum) had three children. The middle child was Charlotte V Mertz who died in 2004.

I have found this clip from a newspaper which lists people in her family

Charlotte V. Mertz
    HANCOCK - Charlotte V. Mertz, 89, of Cedar Street, Hancock, died on Sunday, September 19, 2004 at Marquette General Hospital.
    She was born in Hancock on September 7, 1915 to the late Charles and Charlotte (Asplund) Mertz. She attended Hancock schools and was a 1932 graduate of Hancock High School.
    She was employed at Michigan Tech in the Registrar's Office and the College of Engineering, retiring in 1976.
    She was a member of Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church in Hancock, its' Dorcas Society and was a former Sunday School teacher. She was also a member of the Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel.
    Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother, Carl Mertz; a sister, Helen Covill; a niece, Sherry Congdon.
    She is survived by nieces and nephews:
    - names removed of possible living people - several great-nieces, great-nephews and cousins.
    Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday at the O'Neill-Dennis Funeral Home in Hancock with Rev. David Weber to officiate. Burial will be in the Lakeside Cemetery in Hancock.
    Friends may call at the funeral home from 6 until 8 p.m. on Wednesday and for an hour before the services at the funeral home on Thursday.
    Memorials in lieu of flowers may be made to Saints Peter & Paul Lutheran Church in her name.
    Name of Deceased: Charlotte V. Mertz Age at Death: 89 Death Date: 19 Sep 2004 Obituary Date: 27 Sep 2004 Newspaper Title: Daily Mining Gazette Newspaper Location: Houghton, MI, Us Birth Date: 7 Sep 1915

Basically, how do i go about finding her nephews and cousins who may be alive since I know nothing about their date of birth etc. When i seach Ancestry, there is no option to check any births for the state of Michigan. Also, taking name removed of possible living person for example, there is a number of Edwards who have died but how do I know if person is alive or dead since I have no idea of his DOB.

Can anyone help me with this or give me advice to how I should continue with my search
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-09-11, 17:02. Reason: names removed of possible living people

If you want to find living people you could try the USA White Pages telephone book for the Michigan area and as you have some towns I think you may be lucky.
    Margaret

Comment

I searched just now for M**** A***** in Calamut and there is a listing for someone of that name at Osceola Rd and her age is given as 60-65.
      I have not repeated her name as you will be asked to remove the names of anyone who is not known to be deceased - living people names are not allowed on the site.
      You can PM details to anyone who wants to help.
      Margaret

Comment

Here's a link to where I was searching http://www.whitepages.com I just put in surnames and Michigan many of the names you have listed are featured.
        Margaret

Comment

Mpjacko, as you can see I have had to edit your first post. As Margaret has said, we do not allow the names of living people to be published on the forum.

If anyone feels they can help then you can send them the information via private message (by clicking on their name to the left of their post).
          Elaine

Comment

Have a look at this site for information about Michigan BMDs http://newsarch.rootsweb.com/th/read...-06/1212939350

Comment

Michigan BMDs are on FamilySearch
              Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Elaine

Comment

Try writing to the church?

Comment

try writing to any asplunds? and explaining your tree, asking if they are related etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X