My brick wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brick wall

I am looking for the marriage/ death of my x4 G Grandmother. She was born approx 1821 Roscommon Ireland, lived in Warrington Lancashire by 1841 census with 5mth old son Thomas and husband John Broderick born approx 1816 Ireland. By 1851 census John is shown as widower still living in Warrington now two more sons last one born 1845. she is shown on her sons birth cert as maiden name Ward, my problem did she marry England or Ireland until I find this I can,t find her birth or parents, I need to find a death for her to make sure she was even married at all the only thing I am certain of is she was on all 3 sons birth certs as mother born Ireland and shown as wife on 1841 census, I would say she almost certainly died here in Lancashire as well, any help gratfully received :o

and her first name is ?

I assume this is them transcribed as Brithrick on 1841 and her name is Mary?
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-09-11, 15:49.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

There is a death for Mary Bradrick
      West Derby
      1850 Jan-Feb-Mar Vol 20 p747

There are a few within the liverpool area but none I can see for Warrington. Must be quite a mangled name perhaps.
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-09-11, 16:12.
      Kat

Comment

BRADRICK, Mary
        Liverpool
        Jul-Aug-Sep
        20 378

BRODRICK, Mary
        Prescot
        Jul-Aug-Sep
        20 552

BRODRICK, Mary
        Liverpool
        Apr-May-Jun
        20 194
        There are only Brathertons and Broadhursts for Warrington but I expect you already know that.

Can find nothing more on Ancestry, fmp or Lancashire OPC
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-09-11, 17:17.
        Kat

Comment

Perhaps she never married?

Mary Ward
          Jan-Feb-Mar
          Warrington
          20 679

Mary Ward
          Apr-May-Jun
          Warrington
          20 636
          Kat

Comment

Yes this is her although her name is Margaret not Mary so they got it all a bit wrong !

Comment

I have even sent for this birth cert as on the 1851 census they are shown as Bratherick , unfortunately this is not her

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                Perhaps she never married?

Mary Ward
                Jan-Feb-Mar
                Warrington
                20 679

Mary Ward
                Apr-May-Jun
                Warrington
                20 636
                I have thought about her not being married but have had no luck with Ward either , as her
                last son was born 1845 I wonder if she died in childbirth, I have the sons birth certs giving
                me the proof of her link with them but I need the proof of her link with John Broderick and
                clue to her parentage in Ireland. John died in Dec 1861 so no more clues from him , also
                son Peter John died 1877 Oldham and son Martin died 1868 Warrington, Thomas the only
                remaining son to survive died 1895 also Oldham

Comment

Originally posted by ann56 View Post
                  Yes this is her although her name is Margaret not Mary so they got it all a bit wrong !
                  How do you know her name is Margaret?

Can see they transcribed it from '41 census incorrectly - Always look at the image LOL. :(
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 06-09-11, 11:35.
                  Kat

Comment

How about death of Margaret Brodrick Manchester Q3 1849?

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                      How do you know her name is Margaret?

Can see they transcribed it from '41 census incorrectly - Always look at the image LOL. :(
                      She is also shown as Margaret born Ward on her sons birth certs

Comment

[Q
                        UOTE=Ken.Milton;2308417]How about death of Margaret Brodrick Manchester Q3 1849?[/QUOTE]

I have looked at this death is not my Margaret as Broderick is her maiden name on the death cert she is shown as spinster born manchester not Ireland
                        Last edited by ann56; 06-09-11, 12:18.

Comment

Sorry, I must have misread thread I thought maiden name was Ward, and husband's name Broderick

Comment

Originally posted by Ken.Milton View Post
                            Sorry, I must have misread thread I thought maiden name was Ward, and husband's name Broderick
                            Hi Ken, I think Ann is saying that she sent for this cert & the person named is a spinster. Took me a few times of reading to get there! ;D
                            Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                              Hi Ken, I think Ann is saying that she sent for this cert & the person named is a spinster. Took me a few times of reading to get there! ;D
                              Sorry about the confusion guys Yes I did send for cert and as you figured out it has her as spinster, I know so little about this lady and this is causing me the problems I think what I do know is :-

Born circa 1821 Roscommon Ireland,
                              1840 son Thomas Broderick Born Warrington Lancs
                              1841 ccensus living Little court Warrington Lancs with Husband John Broderick born circa 1816 Galway Ireland and son thomas age 5mths
                              1843 son Peter John Broderick born warrington
                              1845 son Martin Broderick born Warrington

and then this lady seems to disappear I have found nothing more on her no birth/marr/death !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X