FTM and Six months free Ancestry - when to load and claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM and Six months free Ancestry - when to load and claim

My new FTM 2011 Platinum with six months free Ancestry is due for delivery today or tomorrow. Quite excited.

My current membership of Ancestry does not expire until beginning of October. I have cancelled my renewal. Will I be able to load my new FTM software and start using it straight away and claim my Ancestry membership when my current one expires. Or must I wait to load FTM and claim Ancestry membership at the same time. If you know what I mean.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

You can load and use FTM straight away. I tried putting the 6 months free on the end of my current sub but it wouldn't work so I rang them up and they suggested that I wait until the sub had expired and ring them again. I did that and they added the free 6 months straight away with no problems. They're very helpful on the phone

Its worth trying first though because you've cancelled your renewal which may allow it to work
    Jackie

Comment

Hello Night Owl - Thank you, exactly the information I was looking for. I have had an e-mail from Ancestry about my cancellation with a telephone number to ring. So come the end of my current membership I shall telephone them.

Many thanks for responding. Now where is the postman?
      Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Same as me. I put on my new program but couldnt activate the new free sub. Rang them and they said to wait until the old sub expires.

Comment

Working...
        X