No announcement yet.

A Miracle has occurred.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Miracle has occurred.................

I have actually found someone in my family who is actually interested in my Family Tree....................my 10 year old grandson. He wants a copy to put up on the wall in his bedroom.

Nice one Ethan.

Have spent hours with him today, he wanted to know lots and asked some very good questions.

Linda

can I borrow him ??? lucky thing

Comment

After you Val!!! LOl

Wish I could find someone in my family with an interest in Family History.

Lucky You Linda.

Comment

Oh that's a suprise I was being sarcastic.....as in everyone else has probably got the whole family interested.

Well I shall treasure him then lol

Linda

Comment

Nice thing is Ive had a couple of youngsters contact me from my Dixon side - girls still at university who are really keen and have given me some photos of their grandparents (my aunts and uncles).

Comment

Linda are you kidding ? my husbands attention wanders off the minute I mention anything about my tree nobody close is really bothered so it will probably get thrown in the bin when I die? dont know why I bother really ?
            You treasure him.

Comment

I think its lovely Linda,

My eldest daughter (11) has shown abit of interest and like to goto places where the ancestors have lived. My brother is interested but often doesnt have the time to see what I have found etc.. my sister thinks that I should've done it by now, and cant understand that it isnt..lol!
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am pleased for you - it can be a lonely existence this family research. To find someone who is interested is great.
                When I mention family tree at work - the most common question is - are you finished yet?
                If only they knew -cans of worms etc.
                Enjoy your miracle Linda.
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

How lovely for you!

I get various reactions in the family. There are several whose eyes glaze over. OH sometimes glazes over, but will sometimes get quite interested. I think it depends on how close it is to him, or how intriguing it is (he's another puzzle addict like me.)

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

haha all my aunts and uncles are interested, and my grandmothers are too. but mums eyes glaze over most of the time. my sister asks some questions, but usually she should know the answers before she asks!

Comment

Good to hear you have infected another family member with the bug!

Comment

I hope he never gets better then Jill Lol

Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X