James Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Quinn

James Quinn a new brother to my growing family of those who came to Felling on Tyne turns up in the 1871 ......With my great great grandparents in dean terrace (armstrong street) Newcastle upon Tyne ...I thought my great great grandparents I thought were still in Creenagh Kilmore Armagh but know in 1871 they are there in Newcastle ....also in the house was a grandaughter Agnes Douglas born Gateshead .....well I suspect Patrick died in 1874 in Newcastle and Agnes Dalton Quinn his wife turns up in Newcastle in 1884 and dies there in 1885 at the home of Patrick Quinn and his wife Ann McCart Quinn at 4 Noble Street Elswick Newcastle ......Agnes Douglas returns to her family William Douglas and his wife Margaret Quinn Douglas but James Quinn born
    1839 in Kilmour Armagh (varied spelling)a blast furnace man .....just seems to vanish .......I have tried various searches and to no avail ......Any Ideas??????????????

There is a James Quinn living in Westgate in the 1891 census

household:
    James Quinn c 1837 Ireland - head of household - occupation Corporation labourer
    Catherine Quinn c 1843 Newcastle Upon Tyne - Wife
    James W White c1884 North Sunderland, Northumberland - Nephew

address: George Street, Westgate, Northumberland

Can't seem to find this family in the 1881 census at the moment - and can't find a marriage yet either!

RG12; Piece: 4193; Folio 73; Page 34

not sure if you have a subscription to Ancestry, if you have this is the link:
    Elaine

Comment

Found the same family in 1881

Jas. Quinn c 1840 Ireland Head - occupation labourer/mason
      Cath. Quinn c 1845 Newcastle On Tyne Wife
      Michl. White c1860 Newcastle On Tyne Boarder
      John Quinn c 1869 Newcastle On Tyne Adopted Son
      Jane White c 1850 Newcastle On Tyne Boarder
      Mary White c 1871 Newcastle On Tyne Boarder

address: Blandford Street, Westgate, Northumberland

RG11; Piece: 5049; Folio: 101; Page: 23
      Elaine