Don't have world sub, but found this

Australia Death Index, 1787-1985

Birth, Marriage & Death

Name: Phillipps Pearce
    Mother: Phillippa Rowett
    Father: Jno Pearce
    Birth: year
    Death: 1921 - location

hoping that its actually Phillippa, would be grateful if somebody could confirm for me

You don't give the location info (presumably doesn't come up without a sub).

Given that A and S are adjacent on a keyboard, I'd be staggered if that were not a typo for Philippa.

Christine

PS - It doesn't show up on the (free) NSW BMD site.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had a bit of a look on the Trove newspaper site, but didn't get any useful-looking "hits".

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for trying, wonder if the library version will let me see it

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
          Thanks for trying, wonder if the library version will let me see it
          That should certainly be no problem if you have access to a library edition. In my experience it's only the personal messaging and the access to other trees that you don't get in the library edition.

Christine

Comment

These are the details from ancestry, all you will get without the actual death certificate.

Name: Phillipps Pearce
            Death Place: Rutherglen, Victoria
            Father's Name: Jno Pearce
            Mother's Name: Phillippa Rowett
            Registration Year: 1921
            Registration Place: Victoria
            Registration Number: 7496
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831

Seraching the VIC BDM indexes gives 1 result for
            PEARCE Phil*pa
            but none for Phil*ps

so you might be right.

You can download the death cert direct from Vic BDMS for $AUD17, instant access

Di
            Last edited by dicole; 03-09-11, 00:35.
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

There are quite a few private family trees on ancestry with photos of Philippa Pearce's headstone at Springhurst Cemetery.

Phillippa Pearce Junior also shows up on the Victorian Electoral Roll for 1914

PEARCE Philippa, junior, Springhurst, Nurse

also

PEARCE Philippa, senior, Springhurst, home duties
              PEARCE John, Springhurst, farmer
              PEARCE Joseph, Springhurst farmer
              PEARCE Joseph, senior, Springhurst, no occupation
              PEARCE Ruby Alice, Springhurst, sewing mistress
              PEARCE Sarah Elizabeth, Springhurst, home duties

Does this help ?

Di
              Diane
              Sydney Australia

Comment

Thanks very much for info, yes it is a big help, now not sure quite how or if she fits in, that seems to show she was married so not Phiiippa thought it was, will try and contact ancestry tree holders.

Comment

Hi
                  I think it shows she was unmarried and lived with her parents and sister and poss. brothers in 1914. The electoral roll only gives the address, which for a rural area like Springhurst is not a street address, so they could have all lived in separate dwellings or together. Her death info indicates she was not married (as her surname is the same as her fathers).

Di
                  Diane
                  Sydney Australia

Comment

Working...
                  X