Help finding William Loman please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding William Loman please

The only reference I have for William Loma(e)n, mistranscribed as Soman, born Pitminster,Somerset is the 1861 Census for Taunton, which gives his age as 40 . He was married in 1859 to Emma Pollett and their son Henry John Loman was born in 1860. On the 1871 census Emma is with her parents with Henry John as a widow. Can anyone find William's death or him on 1851/1841 census' please .

sunny

Freereg shows his name at marriage to be William LOWMAN, father John, occupation labourer
    Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

.. although not sure that helps at the moment!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I missed the spelling, (too hasty that's my trouble) will now look for John Lowman, at least I know he wasn't previously married although he was 40, I wondered as Emma was only 24 on the census.

sunny

Comment

1851??? http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1851&indiv=1
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie but don't think that is my William as we know his father was John from his marriage record.

sunny

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            As Sunny says, probably not her man but I out of curiosity I had a look & I agree with the name correction. Going to check my local maps for 'Crookhorn' though, never heard of it. I reckon it could be 'Crowcombe', in a Somerset accent it could well sound like 'Crookhorn' to someone from elsewhere! ;D
            Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Could this be him with father, John, born W Buckland?

Birth is given as 1827 but not clear on image.
              Mother and son both given age 24???

1851 HO107; Piece: 1921; Folio: 574; Page: 1
              Last edited by Katarzyna; 04-09-11, 12:57.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Could Crookhorn have been Crewkerne in a local accent? Kat, the dates don't connect with what I have, but can't discount them yet.

sunny
                Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 04-09-11, 13:47. Reason: to add

Comment

Doh! Ofcourse it would be Crewkerne! Wish I had thought to look at this thread while I was at the RO.

Sunny do you want me to answer your email or put what I found on here?

It's not the one Kat found, that is a child, father is 27, mother 24!
                  Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X