Thomas Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Ryan

I have hit a brick wall with my ancestry. I have got back to a marriage on 13 June 1813 between Thomas Ryan and Ann Graham at Belford, Northumberland. I have a copy of the Bishops Transcripts for Durham. Also I have found a baptism for Thomas Ryan on 24 March 1790 in West Ditchburn parish of Warenford (Presbeterian). I have searched the Belford and surrounding area parish registers but couldn't find a birth for Thomas. I suspect he came over from Ireland at some point in the past. How can I find go back further and find out who his father was and how they came to be in Belford?

Can anyone help please?

Cheers, Jane Ryan

Hello Jane,

I'm a bit confused, you say you have found a bapt for Thomas Ryan in the Presbyterian records. 1790. but then say you can't find a birth, or do you mean for his father who is also a Thomas,

if you look at this link it takes you to LDS site you can then see the baptism of Thomas: https://www.familysearch.org/search/...orthumberland~

it is the 6th entry down the page.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thomas Ryan

Hi there,

I meant the father of Thomas Ryan who is another Thomas Ryan and would be born I guess about 1765. I'm not sure how to go further back if I can't find any records in the Warenford/Belford area? Any suggestions please?

Thanks, Melanie

Comment

And do you have the record or just the indexed information for the 1790 birth? Never know what might be on the original record, untranscribed, unless you look

Comment

Working...
        X