Best Software for Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Software for Me?

Hi there, now I've researched a family back to the turn of the 15th and 16th century, and writing it down on A4 paper won't do. So with a lot of name, which would be the best family tree maker software for me? I'm not looking to spend a huge amount, I have Windows Vista and I'd also like to print it eventually.

Can anyone help?

Hi, We all use different packages, what is best for me might not suit you. I like Family Historian, you can download a trial, then buy if you like it. There are various free packages such as RootsMagic Essentials and Legacy 7 which you can down-load from the web, If you like RootsMagic you can easily upgrade to their paid for version without losing your information. Really it is just trial and error trying to find something that suits you. I know that FH and RM both have very helpful User Forums so I presume that other packages will have something similar.

Hope that this helps.

Margaret
    Margaret

Comment

Cheap (free!), Easy, and Reliable - PAF. Download it from FamilySearch. It comes with a report writer, but you can buy a second product for not-much, that produces nice reports.

Comment

Do you already have an ancestry sub? If not then you could buy the FTM 2011 on amazon with 6 months free sub for about £30.

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 12-09-11, 13:53.

Comment

Working...
        X