Scotland 1911 Census - Shetland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland 1911 Census - Shetland

I have copy correspondence from a Miss M. Thomson of Beach House, Sandsound, Tresta, Shetland dated about 1920.

I wondered if anyone had access to the 1911 Scotland Census and could find Miss M. Thomson living at Shetland. She had a baby about 1918/1919 (not married). This is the sum total of the information I have about miss Thomson other than she was very friendly with a Lieutenant A.E. Wilson when he was stationed on Shetland during WWI

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

I will have a look as I have a few spare credits.

Comment

Do you know the first name so I could narrow the search as I have 61 results and it costs extra credits to look at them all.

Comment

Please let me start by saying thank you for responding.

I have gone back to the letters and they are copies which the Army addressed to Miss M. Thomson at the address mentioned in response to correspondence from her. Sorry, please do not go to too much expense. I had not realized it cost credits to look up this information. Would Shetland and her address narrow the search?
        Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Any idea of her age in 1910? 16 - 30 females cuts down the number to 13.

Comment

It might be an idea to check the electoral roll for the address in the years concerned and sometimes the local library will do that for you if you ask nicely.
            Margaret

Comment

Bearger, I believe she was about 20.

Margaret, sorry if I seem dumb but I have no experience of researching in Scotland. Do you mean I should approach the local library on Shetland?
              Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
              X