Colin Davidson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Davidson

I have found on Ancestry that he went to Canada ...........it says on his papers that he was married.....but I can't find her as I don't know her name.

Here are the deatails.

He was born in Edinburgh in abt 1891 to Andrew and Catherine Davidson.

His siblings are

Robert Davidson 1882
    Alexandrina Davidson 1883
    Catherine Davidson 1885

Canada, Ocean Arrivals (Form 30A), 1919-1924 about Colin Davidson
    Name: Colin Davidson
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
    Birth Place: Edinburgh, Scotland
    Date of Arrival: 20 Sep 1920
    Port of Arrival: Quebec
    Ship Name: Melita

Hi,
    You may be lucky in finding this if they were married in Scotland. Although Davidson is a common name, Colin is quite unusual for Scotland.
    There are only 2 such marriages in the whole of Scotland for the period he could have married - say from 1908 (when he was about 16) and 1920 (when he departed).

1911 to a Dora Benson, in Morningside, Edinburgh
    1908 to an Isabella Kemp, in Dundee (probably wrong as a bit young and wrong place)

So I wonder if the 1911 marriage was his - but he could have married outside of Scotland of course.
    Was the ship's departure from a Scottish port?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Sorry - but I couldn't resist - there is a death for a Dora Davidson MS Benson in 1920 in Edinburgh.
      It looks as if he left Scotland after her death - oh how sad.
      The certs would need to be checked for confirmation.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you for looking that up.....that would explain why I could find possibly three children with Colin Davidson but no mother.

Comment

Working...
        X