Looking for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for...

Robert Mcharg Strong , Dumfries, 1829 is listed on 2 public trees on ancestry. Please can someone have a look to see if there is any further info. Many thanks.
    Cath.

Robert Mcharg Strong
    Born - 6 AUG 1829 in Dumfries, Dumfrieshire, Scotland
    Died - 5 DEC 1868 in LIVERPOOL Merseyside England

Married to Christine Kerr 8 Dec 1852 Holy Trinity Liverpool
    Children
    Christina Kerr 1833 – 1908
    William Strong 1855 –
    Janet Gibson Strong 1856 –
    Mary Strong 1859 –
    Francis Kerr Strong 1861 –
    Christina Strong 1864 –
    Sarah Jane Strong 1866 – 1934
    Ruth Strong 1868 – 1953
    Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Elaine. I was hoping there might be some mention of his parents. His sister was my GGgrandmother and the info I have for her prior to her marriage is very sketchy.

Thanks again.
      Cath.

Comment

I thought his marriage certificate to Christine Kerr might be in the Liverpool parish registers collection on Ancestry - but unfortunately I can't see it there.
        Elaine

Comment

Sorry - don't know how I missed it. His MC is on Ancestry - father shown as William Strong, occ. Turner
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I knew their parents were William Strong and Mary Hannay but it's interesting to see that he was a turner.There are several cabinet makers in various branches of my tree. Unfortunately Wm. Strong isn't on the 1841 Dumfries census, neither is Robert but my GGgrandmother Mary is.
            Cath.

Comment

is it possible william was in england in 1841? and maybe his parents had died by the 1841 census? i dont know about dumfries, but burial registers are non existant in the highlands till 1855.

Comment

Working...
              X