Which Regiment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Regiment?

Could somebody Please Identify Which Scottish Regiment this could be.

Another

Comment

This looks promising

http://www.theargylls.co.uk/dress.php

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

it looks like the Princess Louisas.. they have a musuem at Stirling Castle in Stirling, Scotland.. it is a very good museum too very nice!

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Couldn't see a picture of the uniform to compare but yes Stirling Castle is a lovely place to visit but not when it's wet and windy. Didn['t have time to visit Argyll's lodgings which was sick bay/hospital in 1861 when OH'S rellie was in there.

I was looking at the sporran and the badge.

Last edited by JBee; 30-08-11, 02:12.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I know what you mean, it is a bit bleak up there, I do have a booklet I think that I got from the shop inside the museum, this link might also help abit

Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you everybody for your input? It does look like the Argylls so it does narrow it down to who it might be.? Its the same old story boxes of old Photos but no names on the back.? Once again thank you

Comment

The Black Watch

Malc

OPC for Coleford, Somerset

Comment

Many Thanks for that Malc?

Comment

I would agree with Malc here in that it would be a soldier from the Black Watch, with the dark hackle and badge of St Andrew on the cantle of the sporran. Additional information for this picture is that he had already served at least six years in the regiment up to the time that this photograph was taken. As an aside to this image the A&S were known as the swinging sixes due to them having six tassles on the sporran.

Comment

Working...
                    X