• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Esther

I can't find a date of death for Esther Hooton:

born Esther Coverly Mitchell, 1842 in MEOT

married William Hooton, 1874 in Stepney

living Stoke Newington in 1891 & 1901 census.

Haven't looked for her in 1911, but

when/where does she die? The only matches for that I found in freebmd are 4 years too young (Hackney) or not where I'd guess she'd be living (Newport P, with the wrong middle initial)

Suggestions?

I think it could be the Hackney death in June 1907
    Esther Hooton aged 61, which gives an estimated birth year of 1847.

If you check the 1901 census (presuming I have found the right one) she gives her year of birth as 1848 so I think she may have lost a few years over a period of time!
    Elaine

Comment

Did her husband pre decease her? the age she was said to be when she died is only as accurate at the person giving the info was aware
      Jess

Comment

Thanks, Elaine - I had thought of that, too, so the second opinion is good to have.

I've not found William's death, either.

All these Coverly Mitchells are the children of a couple that I think are the parents of my ancestor. I've been unable to prove the link.

Ideally, one of them will have a lengthy obit that will name all siblings, whether living or predeceasing! Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely - the obits don't seem to exist.

Sarah

Comment

Have you tried looking for wills?
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
            I've not found William's death, either.
            What about this one
            William Hooton b c1848
            Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1916
            Hackney 1b, 318

Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine
              I've looked for the will of the couple who are Esther's parents, John Bidgood Mitchell & Anna Coverly Mitchell - didn't find anything. Haven't looked yet for Esther's or her sisters'. Have not found one for #1 son, John Coverly Mitchell.

Anna is living with another son, Samuel Coverly Mitchell in 1881 - she's widowed. I think I've found him in 1891. Don't know what happened to him after that.

Comment

Working...
              X