Lola Needham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lola Needham

Can anyone read the address of Lola and find her in any census ?
    She appears as Lola Rogers in Birmingham electoral rolls up to 1955

her is a link to the certificate

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
    Last edited by Mike Fisher; 27-08-11, 13:33.
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Sorry Mike, impossible to read if you use the paperclip option.
    You really need to upload them to an external site such as Photobucket or Flickr.
    Also you need to crop the images so that only the central part of the certificate is shown (the handwritten bit) because of copyright.
    Elaine

Comment

If it really is 1955, you'll want to consider just how much information you expose in this thread, too!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry Mike, still cannot read it.
        What is her full name, age and her father's name and occupation.
        Are witnesses family members?
        Elaine

Comment

I was able to read the image on the blog link by clicking on it. But I do think it needs to be trimmed down a bit to avoid the copyright problem.

Having said that, Lola's address is really hard to read! You can see her father is William, an engine-driver.

Her given names are Lola Enid, and she was 37 at the time (16 Sep 1916). She's recorded as a spinster. His address is 143 Waverley Rd. Hers appears to be "371 S. Donald's Rd" or something of similar shape.

No... looking at the name of the church - St Oswald, B...ley - I suspect it's 37 St Oswald's Rd.
          There's a St Oswald's in Small Heath. ... Got it! It's in Bordesley.
          There is a St Oswald's Road in Small Heath, which is adjacent to Bordesley.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 27-08-11, 14:02.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry, yes can read it as well by clicking on it!
            Elaine

Comment

Address: St. D--nald´s Road ??
              Elaine

Comment

I've found a possibility for her father in 1911.

NEEDHAM, William Joseph Head Married M 56 1855 Railway Engine Driver Beaufort Brecon

Living at 79 Waverley Road Small Heath Birmingham.

Lola not there of course!

Comment

Following this William Needham back to 1901, he has a daughter Louisa E aged 13. I thought this could be Lola Enid but the age is way out!!!

Comment

I see that there's a substantial age difference and that Lola is 14 years older than her husband of 23. I wonder if the age might be inaccurate. She could well have tweaked it from something even older, in order not to appear too much older than her husband. My G-grandmother did that: she was 33, but claimed to be 26 when marrying her husband of almost 21.

Also, she might have been using "Lola" as a name for a long time, but have been something more prosaic when her birth was registered.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Breckland Jane View Post
                      Following this William Needham back to 1901, he has a daughter Louisa E aged 13. I thought this could be Lola Enid but the age is way out!!!
                      I saw that one and wondered.

I wonder if the certificate age should be 27? That could fit with being 13 in 1901. The house-number is 37.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Breckland Jane View Post
                        I've just found that as well Jane.
                        Her death registration gives name as Lola Enid and date of birth April 1887 which matches reasonably well with the 1901 census, but not the MC
                        Elaine

Comment

There's a Louisa Ellen NEEDHAM, b 1887q2 Aston

Christine

Comment

She's there, with her family, in 1891, too, 319, Bolton Road, Bordesley, Birmingham

RG12/2411 fo53 p23

Christine

Comment

Then she could be the Louisa Ellen RG14PN18198 RG78PN1100 RD385 SD2 ED9 SN101
                              age 24, school teacher, with her brother Robert ALexander and his family.

361 Cooksey Road Small Heath Birmingham

Christine

Comment

Thank you all for your input, I will forward your results and thoughts to the person who asked me the question.

She is not at 37 St Oswald Rd in the 1911 census

The image has been removed from the my blog , which I just use to post images for short periods.
                                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                                http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
                                X