3 million criminal records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 million criminal records

3 million crime, convict and court records will be digitised by brightsolid (i think they own findmypast) and is expected to be completed by xmas 2012.

Thanks for that - I have a few who went through the criminal process - early 1800's - so perhaps I shall be lucky and find more info.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

i didnt manage to see what counties may have been covered by those records though. i should think a majority were for london.

Comment

how exciting isnt it wonderful how much is coming online now?

Comment

I see the records include Admiralty records. Perhaps I'll find out more about OH's alleged ancestor, who "ran" from HMS Ramillies in 1828 (if they caught him ... and assuming he really was around to father OH's ancestor).

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Exciting! I may finally be able to get to the truth of ex's gt x 3 grandfather, who was tried at the Old Bailey in 1845 (the year before his marriage) and was found innocent, his father and father-in-law-to-be gave evidence in his defence. But there's a gap in the children he and his wife had of 11 years and in 1871 he is in Parkhurst Prison!

I don't suppose they will index the policemen, which is a shame as I have quite a few Met rozzers in my tree!

Good news is that they " will be searchable by name, alias, date of birth, place, offence and sentence" which is great if the name is mistranscribed!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Will there be more than Old Bailey Trials on them I wonder? I suppose its too early for photos - Id love to get a photo of GGFx2.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                Will there be more than Old Bailey Trials on them I wonder? .
                There should be, Heather. It says the collection will include records from the Home Office, Prison Commission, Metropolitan Police, Central Criminal Court and the Admiralty.
                Elaine

Comment

Working...
                X