No announcement yet.

Docs online, would you order this....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docs online, would you order this....?

For the sake of £3.50 would you go for it and hope to discover something useful, even if that is just to eliminate him?

Will of John Goulson, Butcher of Royston, Cambridgeshire
    Date 14 June 1659

There isn't anything to suggest he is part of my tree, familiar name but in an area that hasn't featured so far. Truth be told I can't get back beyond the 1670's, i'm looking for a baptism from that era, I don't know where or who the parents are for the 1670 birth and the will probably pre dates the marriage of the parents but it is worth having anyway?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

My curiosity would probably overcome me, Glen!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Can you afford it?
      Do you need it?

Elaine

Comment

I don't need it as such, it's a bit of a blind leap from a will of an unknown person in 1659 to a baptism that's likely to be sometime in the 1670's with nothing known about the intervening years.

Try as I might though the surname just seems to crop up in a county and then vanish, if it mentions a set of names bearing Latin spelling of Frederick and William I can match it to later events but still not tie it into my tree, on the other hand it just might mention something that does help.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Curiosity killed the cat, you'll never rest until you know, at the very least you will eliminate a false trail or maybe it will tie up with some future research.

Margaret
          Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
            For the sake of £3.50 would you go for it and hope to discover something useful, even if that is just to eliminate him?

Will of John Goulson, Butcher of Royston, Cambridgeshire
            Date 14 June 1659

There isn't anything to suggest he is part of my tree, familiar name but in an area that hasn't featured so far. Truth be told I can't get back beyond the 1670's, i'm looking for a baptism from that era, I don't know where or who the parents are for the 1670 birth and the will probably pre dates the marriage of the parents but it is worth having anyway?
            Freudian Slip there Glen, your subconscious obviously thinks you should get it & I think you should listen to your subconscious, it could be your guide telling you!;)
            Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

It's only a pint!:D
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

3.50 is peanuts even in UK. I would go for it, could be worth the investment, and if not you haven't lost much.
                Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

A pint is HOW MUCH!!! Last time I ordered a pint the landlord asked me to spread the sawdust for him as I left the bar with change from two bob and to ask the gentleman near the door if his horse needed attending to.

Has to be worth a punt and about as likely to make me rich as 99.999995% of lottery tickets I have bought, then again a lottery ticket didn't reveal the name of an ancestor like some probate records have.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

a pint in our local pub is only £1
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      a pint in our local pub is only £1
                      Do you have to use a TARDIS to get there, Julie? I can't think of anywhere near us that has beer at that price.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Go for it, you never know. I got an old will that MAY be related to my family but I can't prove it. Had hours of fun transcribing it though

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                          Do you have to use a TARDIS to get there, Julie? I can't think of anywhere near us that has beer at that price.

Christine

Must be an area with a timeslip, (the universe must be falling into the old pit workings) best ask Julie how Billy Bremner played today and when she thinks the three day week might end.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                          X