hampshire baps pre 1752

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hampshire baps pre 1752

hi all, im wondering if anyone has the cd for hampshire baptism pre 1752?

if so, would a look up be possible?

thomas stacey c.1745 and his wife anne vye c.1751. i have their marriage (1773 southampton) and probable burial details.

i suspect they may be from outside hampshire, but i only have the births from 1752 and marriages from 1754.
    thanx

I did a quick search on FMP as Hampshire Genealogical Society have recently made some records available (I found a couple of my rellies there). Nothing to be found on Thomas or Anne there. There were a handful of records elsewhere for Thomas. Do you know his parents?

Comment

hi shirley, i have no idea who thomas or anne's parents are. i know they married in southampton, had their kids there, and i have found burials there which fit.

Comment

According to the IGI there was an Anne Vye baptised in Swanage, Dorset in 1754 (Dorset is only the next county). There are many unsubstantiated (submitted) baptism and marriage entries marrying her off to a John Talbot (I never trust those)
        I think that this might be your Ann.
        There was a Thomas Stacey born in Romsey, Hampshire in 1745 (IGI again but this time an extracted record - much more reliable)
        Shirley

Comment

i had wondered about thomas being from romsey. hmmm anne vye from dorset. i have never heard of the surname 'vye' before it surfaced in my tree as my 3rd great grandmother's middle name. even if that anne isnt an ancestor, she must be related.

Comment

Kyle, there is no baptism CD available for before 1752 as far as I'm aware. I have the two for after that, and the marriage CD.

Here is a link:
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

hi elizabeth,

i have the marriages cd for 1754+, and the baptisms for 1752+, plus the burials cd. at the time (and i still) cant justify the cost of the pre 1750's baptism cd, especially since thomas and anne are the only ones i have in hampshire at the date. it seems a waste if there isnt anyone to use it on.

Comment

Where did you see the pre 1752 baptism, Kyle? I can't see it.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

i don't know, but i remember the reason i didnt buy it was coz i wasnt sure thomas and anne would be on it.

Comment

I'd be really interested if there was a baptism CD for pre 1754, as I have loads of Hampshire rellies. There is a marriage CD for 1660 - 1753 - do you mean that one?

Linda
                    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

quite possibly. or maybe im mixing up some post 1812 ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X