Email Problem - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Problem - Help Please

I have been trying to send an email to two different compaines and I find that they are returned undelivered.
    One says Web Shield SMPT V4.5 MR3 Mail Service then the page is full of gobbly gook.

The other one says Error during delivery SMTP Error Code 550 also full of gobbly gook.

I have used these sites for years and write to them at least twice a month with no problems before.

I spoke to one of the companies today and they gave me an alternative address but still no luck. Is this likely to be the system that they use to protect their system.

I managed to send a similar email to a third company about the same subject with no problems but they are so old fashioned I am surprised that they have even got a computer.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

You could try contacting your ISP and ask them to test the email address.

SMTP Error Code 550 - Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (E.g., mailbox not found, no access)
    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

Thank you that is a good idea.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X