Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clines in Nottingham

Anybody got any in around 1858 ?

Just looked on my tree and there aren't any.

Sorry
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

nope sorry Grey, not a name I have come across either :(
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There are somem CLINES on FMP, but it certainly doesn't have the statistics of a common name!

In 1911 there seems to be none in Notts.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks. Not really interested in the Clines as such, but my ggg grandfather tried to murder one in 1858 & I thought it would be interesting if someone had Mr Cline in their tree. My ancestor had 2 accomplices....one was his brother & another was a friend, so I'll look up his name & see if anyone's got him

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
            Thanks. Not really interested in the Clines as such, but my ggg grandfather tried to murder one in 1858 & I thought it would be interesting if someone had Mr Cline in their tree. My ancestor had 2 accomplices....one was his brother & another was a friend, so I'll look up his name & see if anyone's got him
            The kind of story that is interesting that far back, but embarrassing if it's much more recent!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Exactly, Christine....Thought last night (how dense can you get ?), he was probably of German origin (Klein). Either anglicised his name or the reporter got the spelling wrong

Comment

Human psychology is very odd. Don't think I'd have asked that question if Mr Cline hadn't been rescued.....or if it hadn't been a revenge attack for a robbery (no excuse, though, obviously).

Comment

Have you seen all the articles in Nottingham Guardian relating to this. I am presuming he is James Cline and Mr Asher and Berrington were involved.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                  X