Ted Fisher and his mom Adelaide in the 1911 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Fisher and his mom Adelaide in the 1911 Census

Joseph William Fisher married Adelaide Headley Q1 1908 Kings Norton.
    They had four children I think
    Ted Q2 1910 Kings Norton
    Neil 18 Oct 1918 Kings Norton
    Joan 18 Oct 1918 Kings Norton
    Stanley q4 1924 Kings Norton

In the 1911 census Joseph William is with his parents Joseph and Rose Fisher at 28 Rowheath Rd Kings Norton,WOR
    William son 23 married 3 years bricklayers labourer Kings Norton,WOR(my family tended to use second name)

Can you help me find his wife Adelaide and son Ted in the 1911 census

Ted,Neil,Joan(+ husband),Adelaide & Joseph William appear in various electoral rolls at 28 Rowheath Rd up to 1955
    Stanley is lost with HMS Bramble on 31 Dec 1942.
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Do you know when/where Adelaide was born?
    Elaine

Comment

Harriet (age 24) and Ted (age 1) Fisher is are visitors with Hiram and Harriet Headley in Madeley, Shropshire. Harriet was born in Madeley, has been married 3 years and has had 2 children (1 still living, 1 died). Ted was born in Birmingham. Harriet is transcribed "Harrier" (I've sent a correction). Is Harriet your Adelaide?
      scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

The 1911 info I've posted looks right - in 1901 "Addie" aged 14, is the daughter of Hiram and Harriet Hedley [sic] in Madeley.

scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

I can't see a birth for Adelaide, and suspect she might have started life as Harriet Buckley (born Q3 1886 Madeley). Hiram Headley married Harriet Buckley in Q1 1880, so Harriet/Adelaide could be related to Hiram's wife. Just spotted that in 1891 Hiram & Harriet have 4 year old Harriet Buckly, granddaughter, living with them. It must all connect somehow. Sorry if I'm telling you something you've already worked out (or discarded as a red herring!).

scuda

Comment

I don't know where Adelaide was born as the 1921 census has not been released yet. In 1911 Kings Norton was regarded as part of Birmingham although it didn't become part until later in the year.
            This really sounds like the family, Thanks.

Now how do I find dead great aunt or uncle ?
            Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fisher View Post
              Do you mean Neil & Joan ???
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fisher View Post
                I don't know where Adelaide was born as the 1921 census has not been released yet. In 1911 Kings Norton was regarded as part of Birmingham although it didn't become part until later in the year.
                This really sounds like the family, Thanks.

Your Adelaide seems to have changed her name to Harriett in 1911 when she is living with the Headley family. As Scuda says she is some how related to them as she gives Headley as her maiden name when she marries Fisher.

She gives her place of birth as Madeley on the 1911 so you need to look for a birth in that area. Scuda found one for Harriett Buckley which could be her but you need to have a good look at all the names listed to see who's who and how they are connected.

You can find your great aunts and uncles by checking the BMD index for marriages and deaths.

Margaret

Comment

Marriage index shows
                  Harriet Buckley Jan-Feb-Mar 1880 Madeley Shropshire
                  Hiram Headley Jan-Feb-Mar 1880 Madeley Shropshire

Comment

Have a look at this for Hiram and Harriett Headley

There are Buckley children in the household listed as daughters who must have come with Harriett to the marriage although I can't see her in earlier census to see who her husband was.

Comment

Here's the 'daughter' Margaret b1867 who is with Hiram in 1881

There is a Harriet b1843 in the household but maybe she is not the mother.
                      Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                        Do you mean Neil & Joan ???
                        No the one missing in the 1911 census
                        Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

No the one missing in the 1911 census
                          I thought we'd found them - who are you looking for?

scuda

Comment

Guess you mean the one dead child listed by Harriet Fisher - "Harriet was born in Madeley, has been married 3 years and has had 2 children (1 still living, 1 died)." Not easy as Fisher is a relatively common surname. Would be good if you could find baptisms.
                            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Guess you mean the one dead child listed by Harriet Fisher - "<em>Harriet was born in Madeley, has been married 3 years and has had 2 children (1 still living, 1 died)." </em>Not easy as Fisher is a relatively common surname. Try looking at all Fisher births in Kings Norton 1907-1911 and matching deaths. Would be good if you could find baptisms.
                              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X