Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Elaine and Julie

A couple of days ago I asked if

I could get my FTM onto Ancestry and these two kind ladies came to my aid.

Last night I got an email through Ancestry from the grandson of the brother of my Gran's first husband.

William White died aged 36 years old leaving behind three children. Gran married again, to my Grandfather, and went on to have 2 more children. As she obviously had the children from William with her they all seem to have lost touch and Wiliam's family know nothing about what happened to those children, AND I DO. YAY.

My Dad always stayed in touch with his half sisters. The whole family went to Canada in 1920 but Gran, Grandad and my Dad came back 6 years later and the other's stayed behind, two were married by then.

His tree on Ancestry even had some photos!!!

Just realized I've gone on a bit there, but I am so excited

Thanks so much ladies

Lindax
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 25-08-11, 09:01.

That's great news Linda - you did the hard work, we just gave you a few tips!
    Elaine

Comment

Brilliant news Linda... agree with Elaine, you did all the leg work! we just pointed you in the right direction :smilee: its lovely when you get a connection, enjoy your new found relatives!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

how great is that ?? good luck

Comment

Well done, Linda

Aren't photos great!!
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

What lovely news!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Wow, what a great result.......i'm chuffed for you, Linda !
              Jacky

Comment

Working...
              X