Some interesting Flickr photo groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting Flickr photo groups

Some of you know i'm a fan and user of Flickr for photo hosting and i'm in a few history/heritage groups on the site.

An interesting one found today are

Lincolnshire Cemeteries Graveyards and Memorials

There could well be others for additional counties but I haven't looked. Some of the photographers are more into the photography than the genealogy but they are worth a look as are the discussion boards that run with the groups.

Varied groups dedicated to churches are also on the site, a search on Flickr will reveal them but they include a group called Scottish Churches.

Bear in mind however many of the images within these groups are posted as "all rights reserved" copyright and shouldn't be snagged without permission, (as long as you won't be posting the image willy nilly many photographers will respond favourably to a polite request), though to be fair there are a number which are posted within creative commons and can be used within the guidelines of the licence granted.

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid
Working...
X