researching in paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• researching in paris

has anyone got any experience in researching their ancestors in paris?
    i have 3 or 4 people that according to family trees are from paris. i have the parishes in some cases. but im finding it difficult, as i cant find any information specifically on parisian research. i have found general guides to french research, and the period is well before 1750, so civil registration from 1792 is no help haha. lately i have been finding some archives with online parish records, but nothing for paris.
    if anyone knows about paris genealogy, id love to hear from you!!

There's some French material on FamilySearch.

There are some Paris records online - but you need to know the part of Paris, each time.

sorry - off to watch WDYTYA! I can hear it's starting.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi, try in here.. http://translate.google.com.au/trans...%26prmd%3Divns

Comment

thanx for the site naomi. i've learned that i have someone born c.1722 in saint eustache, and apparently there are some records for that parish from 1529-1748. so hopefully i can get somewhere there if they load them online.

the other was born c.1708 in saint paul, now saint paul and saint louis, originally a jesuit church. i dont know if there are records for that church anymore.

i hadnt realised the paris fires of 1871 had done so much damage! so many buildings and records burned, its horrible. i guess your lucky to get past 1860 if you have parisian ancestry.

thanx for making me remember the LDS christine......though usually i cant find any french records there!

Comment

The Canadian Archives also had info for Paris..not sure if you've tried that already?

Comment

wasnt that the site you linked naomi?

Comment

Oops..yes, sorry...

Comment

Working...
              X