James Clark born 1855, Limehouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Clark born 1855, Limehouse.

James Clark was born on 28th February 1855 at Salmon’s Place Limehouse & his parents were Lydia Limmer & James Clark & he was the half brother of my great grandfather Thomas Limmer.
    I have had a go at tracing him before but being as it is such a common name & it could show up as Clark or Clarke, I put him on the back burner.
    In 1861 he is with his parents & half brother Thomas also listed as a Clark at 24 Featherstone Buildings, Limehouse.
    His father died in 1868 & he was not living with his mother Lydia in 1871.
    What happened to him?

If anybody is at a loose end I would appreciate a bit of help.
    Many thanks
    Moggie

Isn't this him with mother Lidia in 1871 - the transcription shows him as son to Henry & Elizabetha Colls
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-08-11, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
      Isn't this him with mother Lidia in 1871 - the transcription shows him as son to Henry & Elizabetha Colls
      http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=12249960
      Hi Margaret
      Yes you are right. I think I have got my census' mixed up & meant he wasn't with his mother in 1881.
      So we now know he was still alive in 1871.
      Thanks
      Moggie

Comment

This could be him married in 1881 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=15319772

Comment

Can't see a marriage on the LMA records so it would be a case of using the index and seeing if you could get the right one.
          Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret
            That James on the 1881 looks very promising. I see that he was a dock labourer, the same occupation as James senior in 1861.
            The couple have no children so they may have only just married.
            I should add that as far as I know James didn't have a middle name.Just plain James at his baptism.
            Moggie

Comment

i'd still keep a look out for james clark/e's with middle names. i had an uncle joseph morton who vanished after 1871. turns out he remarried in 1878 as richard joseph morton, the 'richard' being hurriedly scribbled in front of 'joseph' after joseph was written. the only reason i even saw it was his father was richard, and i had searched for joseph mortons father richard in marriages on LMA. that was the only instance of him as richard joseph i may add.

Comment

Working...
              X