Another digitised newspaper site: for Singapore & Malaya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another digitised newspaper site: for Singapore & Malaya

Just found this. Haven't started to investigate, but suspect it's a bit like the NZ Papers Past, or Australian Trove.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Thanks Christine

Although this has nothing to do with my family history, it's very interesting as I lived in Singapore for 2 years back in the 60's and I have already found the newspaper report of the Walker Brothers concert I went to in 1967!

Beverley
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

What fun! I love being able to get access to these images of old newspapers. They often fill in the info to give you a feeling for eth day-to-day life of the ancestors... and, sometimes (as you've just discovered) things within our own memories.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Great site Christine, also it covers events that happened in say London or Frankfurt for example.

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
          Great site Christine, also it covers events that happened in say London or Frankfurt for example.
          I hadn't spotted that - but I guess it's just keeping people informed about world events.

Christine

Comment

Working...
          X