X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Francis Price born 1830-1835

I am trying to find a Philip Francis Price born 1830-1835
    This is for someone in New Zealand.
    Philip emigrated to New Zealand in 1857 on the ship The Westminister.
    He was a Wheelwright or Carter.
    This is all he knows about Philip,he does not know where he was born in England.
    So any help would be appreciated.

Carol

Carol,

There's a baptism on family search pilot which fits......

Philip Francis Price date: 07 Feb 1830, ASTON BOTTERELL,SHROPSHIRE,ENGLAND, parents: Philip Francis and Ann Price

Comment

Hi Susan,
      Thankyou for answering my message.
      I seen that one but i can`t find him on any census`s ie 1841 and 1851

Carol

Comment

1841, all born Shropshire.

Phillip Price 37, Ag Lab
        Anne Price 46
        Ellen Price 14
        Phillip Price 11
        Henry Price 9

HO107; Piece 922; Book 18; Folio: 10; Page: 12 (Crown copyright, in care of TNA)

Comment

In 1851 he was a servant

HO107; Piece: 1986; Folio: 289; Page: 40 (Crown copyright, in care of TNA)
          Last edited by Guest; 21-08-11, 23:17. Reason: correction

Comment

Thankyou very much Susan i will look at them.
            Do you know if there are passenger lists to New Zealand in 1857?

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carolann View Post
              Do you know if there are passenger lists to New Zealand in 1857?
              There are a couple of links on the Emigration & Immigration page in the reference library.
              Elaine

Comment

There's this list, and I think he's there entered as Mr P Price bound for Lyttleton.

Comment

I see that he's listed as claiming to vote in 1862:

Price, Philip Francis, Peterborough street, Christchurch ~ Freehold ~ Part of rural section 79, Windmill road. Attesting witness to the claim = Thos. B. Bain
                  Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Did you have this info:

Star , Issue 1313, 11 May 1872, Page 2
                    SUPREME COURT -- His Honor, Mr Justice Gresson, sat in Chambers yesterday. <snip> -- Re Phillip Francis Price deceased. -- On the application of Mr Joynt, his Honor granted probate to Mrs Price and Messrs John Cutler and William Moore, the executrix and executors named in the will.
                    Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

ancestry have a Philip Francis Price on NZ electoral rolls right up to 1914 all in the Canterbury area. Oh, they also have a Phillip Francis Price aswell in the same area. Was that his father/son?

Comment

I would like to thank Susan,Elain,Heather and Christine for all the information
                        you have given, i am really grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to look for me.

Thankyou
                        Carol

Comment

Working...
                        X