Places of Worship comes up trumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places of Worship comes up trumps

I had a bit of a scout through yesterday and snagged several images for my tree including the churches that connect to several of my half sibs, birth mother and aunts/uncles. I have added them to my TP site and backed them up for the future. I just need to add some detail in the captions on TP and hope a few folk who might stumble across family history that connects see them.

I did notice some Ancestry trees yesterday with my great granny Martha in them, shame she has been attached to the wrong spouse in each of them and all the tree owners have long since given up by the looks of it, none have logged in for a year or two though one does appear to be using TP and hasn't responded to my messages. Shame really as it's the Chambers line I made a discovery with yesterday where they may have info but also where the error creeps in..

Bit of a review on other stuff I have managed recently, more for my own benefit really........

Following a tip about downloading freebmd results I now have a great start on excel spreadsheets for Goulson bmd events and refs, Goulson middle name events, added local bmd refs where available and details about certificates held, eg GRO, local issue or from other FH researchers.

Plans now are for a similiar thing for census and include a breakdown of images held and missing images then hammer the census to get the ones I need.
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 21-08-11, 10:54.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

It does help sometimes Glen to note what you have/dont have it makes things clearer and then you spot bits you have missed, I am glad that The Places of Worship project is helping to add flesh to the bones so to speak. At least it is of use!! though a shame more people dont add to it!

You are doing a brilliant job of it! carry on me dear
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Well i'm definately at that point where i'm trying to get sorted out with all the research findings, sadly a fair bit went by the by when you know what happened and the free TP site I had only allows 3000 characters of notes so a lot of census info and refs were lost. Now i'm up and running with office software i'm busy with Excel and Word and hopefully i'll get to add all the refs to TP and download as a ged complete with all the notes attached.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        I am glad that The Places of Worship project is helping to add flesh to the bones so to speak. At least it is of use!! though a shame more people dont add to it!
        Just added 3 for Sussex. I've recently used Places of Worship photos for my Ancestry tree - can't undertand why I didn't get round to it before!

Comment

For any new members who want more informaton about our Places of Worship project, click here (scroll down the page to see country/county listings)

It was started by Julie (Darksecretz) and our Site Content & Development Team in October 2007. The idea is for members to submit photos of places of worship which can then be copied and used by other members to supplement their family history research, so have a look and see if there is anything there for you!

If you have a photo which is not already included then it can be posted in our Site Projects forum, click here for England & Wales and here for Scotland.

Please note that any photos submitted must be taken by members, or permission obtained from the photographer.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X