Badge identification please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badge identification please

Does anyone know what this badge might be ? Could it be something to do with London Transport ?
    Also, I don't know whether the pattern on the tie is anything specific

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Is there any chance it could be a military badge or have you a reason to think it might be a London Transport badge?
    Do you know the person in the picture - what sort of date are we looking at?
    Elaine

Comment

It's a pity we can't read the small writing around the edge, or even the writing on the tie pin. I wonder if the tie pin is the same thing?
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The first thing I thought of was CSMA (Civil Service Motoring Assn), which it isn't :(
        Is that a crown at the top of the badge? Something to do with the Civil Service? Civil Defence?
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Not this one is it? Silver Wound Badge.

Result of shopping trip today. The Silver War Badge was issued in the United Kingdom to service personnel who had been honourably discharged due to wounds or sickness during World War I. The badge, sometimes known as the Discharge Badge, Wound Badge or Services Rendered Badge, was first issued in September 1916, along with an official certificate of entitlement. The sterling silver lapel badge was intended to be worn in civilian clothes. It had been the practice of some women to present white feathers to apparently able-bodied young men who were not wearing the King's uniform. The badge was to be worn on the right breast while in civilian dress, it was forbidden to wear on a military uniform. The badge bears the royal cipher of GRI (for Georgius Rex Imperator; George, King and Emperor) and around the rim "For King and Empire; Services Rendered". Each badge was uniquely numbered on the reverse.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

That looks spot on Wendy!
            Elaine

Comment

Oooh, i agree with Elaine.......well done Wendy !!
              Last edited by Tilly Mint; 21-08-11, 08:57.
              Jacky

Comment

Just a lucky find!!:D
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh well done Wendy
                  That's amazing :D and sounds about right ~ thank you
                  It's a pic of my mum's dad and he was discharged from the army because of a heart condition
                  ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X