Printer text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer text

I have a very basic Canon Printer about one year old. I find often that the print out looks as if it has a 'shudder' print miss aliament.

My last printer was an HP and that cost alot more and had the problem and the most expensive one I ever had was an Epsom and that did the same.
    It happens with most fonts but not always. For example when using 'Arial' here and there the print face looks as if it has changed to almost to 'Italic'. This is all on the actual print out.

Any idea's what is going on please?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Does this happen with small documents or only large documents?
    If only large look at adding printer memory.
    If on all documents it must be something particular to your printer rather than computer related.
    Possible causes include bad power supply loose connection causing brown-outs.

More likely causes are paper, paper feed, paper alignment or even dirty/clogged rollers.

Ensure you do not over fill the paper tray, this could cause poor feed problems.
    Ensure you separate the paper before filling the paper tray. (flick each edge of the paper to break the static hold)
    After loosening the paper (as above) ensure the paper is aligned by knocking edge down on a hard surface.
    Check the type of paper is suitable for the printer, ink jets require a coated paper, lasers require plain uncoated paper.

Periodically check to ensure the rollers and paper path is free from dirt and debris that could cause problems and jams.
    Cheers
    Guy
    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Most printers have a head alignment facility - have you run this?

Just to add to Guy's list of paper problems, make sure you store the paper in a damp free environment, keeping it well wrapped until use.
      Elaine

Comment

Working...
      X