1911 search for Gould in bournemouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 search for Gould in bournemouth

Ages ago when the 1911 census was released, I found this household on FMP. From other info I have, the family should have been living at 12 Howard Road (or Street) Bournemouth
    Susan J.U.Rennie;b.1852;59 yrs
    Edith Gould;b. 1863;48 yrs
    Mabel Gould;b. 1877;34 yrs
    Emma Charlotte Gould;b.1841;70 yrs
    Caroline Bird;b.1868;43 yrs
    Kate Maria Bird;b.1878;33 yrs
    Laura Grist;b. 1894;17

Since then, I have been trying to track them down on Ancestry without success, using the index. Rennie doesn't show at all; none of the Goulds I have found are the correct ones.

Can anyone point me in the right direction...I want to find the census image to check out the rest of the information.

Beverley

Here's the image Macbev
    Elaine

Comment

.. and this is why you couldn't find it on Ancestry - transcribed as Gold
      Elaine

Comment

Bless you Elaine....I have been going cross-eyed trying to find them. I still don't understand why I didn't see them....I looked at the name variations as well and know I saw some Golds listed. Having several Senior Moments no doubt :(
        Last edited by Macbev; 19-08-11, 15:37.

Beverley

Comment

If they're anything like the GOULDs in the south west, they probably switch between the two spellings anyway!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Generally, the family has stuck to the one spelling since the 1600s. Can't do much about the enumerators or the transcribers, alas. :(

Do your Gould's claim descent from the crusader, John Golde of Seaborough, Christine? If so, you might be related to my OH :D
            Last edited by Macbev; 19-08-11, 15:55.

Beverley

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
              Generally, the family has stuck to the one spelling since the 1600s. Can't do much about the enumerators or the transcribers, alas. :(

Do your Gould's claim descent from the crusader, John Golde of Seaborough, Christine? If so, you might be related to my OH :D
              Sorry to take so long replying... I had this thread highlighted amongst the bulletins into my email, and still nearly missed it!

So far, I've got names back to the first half of the 18th Century. They're all in southwest Devon, as far as I can see. I can see Seaborough is in Dorset, so not that far away.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X