No announcement yet.

Richmond Victoria Austalia Death Cert ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Victoria Austalia Death Cert ?

can I actually one of these online or if not can I order one through the post ? and is this enough info
    Frederick Knight
    aged 90
    Parents George Knight and Jane Lea
    Registration Number 10742

Was going to check out the site for you, but it is 'under maintenance' till tomorrow. However, the 'deaths' section says from 1853 to 1985, so you should be able to find your fellow. If it is the same as the marriage cert I bought, you can do it all online.

http://online.justice.vic.gov.au/CA2...ily+history~&3=~

Beverley

Comment

thanks very much Beverly thats brilliant, does it take long to arrive ???

Comment

It's pretty instant, Val....once the site comes up I paid online for the image and just uploaded it onto my computer. If you want a certified cert, it will be more expensive and you will have to apply by post.

Beverley

Comment

It has just occurred to me that the VIC BMD is bit like Scotland's People, in that you can get some info for free, but the real info is either a full price cert, for which you make a formal application, or a downloadable image for a much reduced price.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Beverly and Christine would both tell me who the informant was ???

Comment

Oh, yes. The image is just the record, while the cert should be a certified copy of the record. The info should be identical.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

brilliant thanks again

Comment

i assume you found that info on ancestry val? it will cost $18.50 for the cert. $1 to see the search results, and $17.50 for the cert.

when it asks you for your card details, it will insist you put in a limit on how much you plan to spend-and then will take that amount from your card.

the cert will be really informative, name, age and address of death, parents names, cause of death, who, when and where married, and the kids names and ages........

worth the price!

Comment

that sounds great Kyle as I am not sure what happened to the rest of them, have been waiting for the site to be back up and running should be okay today.

Comment

make sure you narrow your search down really good val, and only put $18.50 down when it asks for the limit.

this is because before they changed the site, people could put in their card details, view the search results, and click out of the page-without paying for the results. so they will automatically take whatever amount you put in straight away. whatever you dont use up from that amount will be returned to you card account within 2 weeks.

for example, i was going to get 5 certs once, i put the limit as $100. well the site decided one search took too long, and refused to process. i pressed the back button, and it logged me out of the session. therefore the site took $100 from my account, and returned it a little over a week later.

i hope this isnt confusing, but i wanted to warn you, in case something happened!

Comment

thanks Kyle its good of you to warn me , I keep getting no results ??? have tried all I can think of ,is it possible Ancestry has it wrong ?

Comment

Finally got a result but after paying for it got this message

This is an index entry only. The original record is missing from the register. We cannot issue an uncertified image or historical certificate.

does that mean I have had it ?

Comment

In that case, you must, surely, be due for a refund.

I recommend you find their feedback e-address and ask them exactly what that message means, and to confirm that your money will be forthcoming promptly!

Christine

Comment

so disappointed Christine was hoping for some reference to his wife and children, how can the image be missing ?

Comment

It certainly seems bizarre. As I say, it would be worth asking them for some clarification of that somewhat bald statement.

Contact info appears to be here: https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/CA2574F700805DE7/page/About+Us-Contact+us?OpenDocument&1=70-About+Us~&2=70-Contact+us~&3=~

Christine
                                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-08-11, 11:02.

Comment

its possible they dont have it online, but may have to find the book it is in, and and re scan it. my great grandparents marriage entry in 1941 was someone else's image when you paid for it, the registrar had to find the book and scan the proper image.

def email them and see what's going on. $18 for a non event is really bad!

Comment

thanks Christine and Kyle ,have emailed them hope they do find it ?

Comment

Working...
                                    X