Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my files so.....

slow to open?

My files take so long to open these days, which they never did until about a month ago. I have downloaded a couple of win zip programs though that was only a couple of weeks ago, so don't think they are affecting them.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Have you done the usual like running a virus scan, clearing out junk and running defrag?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Done all that Lorry 53, even got all my drivers updated. I'm just finding it strange that my cursor is working fine turning pages etc. When it's only my own folders which take ages to open. Never had this problem before, there was a time when they opened almost immediately.
      Jen

Comment

Which version of Windows are you using?
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Windows XP
          Jen

Comment

Presumably you have the latest service pack?

See if this makes a difference, Jen: In Windows Explorer go to Folder Options from the Tools menu. Click on the View tab and check "Do not cache thumbnails." You may have to reboot.

Comment

Sorry L, I've mislead you, I'm on Vista.
              Jen

Comment

I'm nor familiar with Vista, but you should have a similar option. Try checking the option to use Classic Folders, too.

Comment

Working...
                X