Where is Charlotte TAPLIN's family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Charlotte TAPLIN's family

I have just come across the report of an inquest in Jackson's Oxford Journal 29 Jun 1867 held in Enstone into the death of Charlotte Ann Taplin died 20 Jun 1867 age three months daughter of William Taplin labourer.

I have Taplin family from Enstone but can't fit this child into any
    family with a William as a parent.

There is a birth and death registered in Chipping Norton Q2 1867.

Can any one help me sort it out ?
    I think it's going to cost me £9.25 to sort it out.
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Hi Mike,

as the child was born/died inbetween the census its looking like the only option you will have will be to get the cert/s.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

unless you have access to the parish registers?

Comment

On the 1871 census there is a Jane Taplin with children Elizabeth Jane & William Frederick. She is married and shown as a labourer's wife but her husband is missing. Perhaps he is the William you are looking for. I'll see if I can find a marriage that fits.

Jane

Comment

I think you can discard my previous post as the most likely marriage seems to be Jonah Taplin to Jane White.

jane

Comment

There are some Ancestry trees with TAPLINs from Enstone. Is it worth seeing if any of them knows the answer?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

One of the trees is mine and I have been correcting the others.

There is also a Frederick dies 1867 age 1 and a Fredericka buried 14 jul 1871 age 2 in Enstone.
              It appears that these three children buried in Enstone were not baptised there.

The name is Fredericka in the OFHS transcription of the Enstone burial register but is down as Frederick in the GRO index.
              Last edited by Mike Fisher; 17-08-11, 08:21. Reason: more info
              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Worth bearing in mind that Fredericka would have been a very rare name, but florid curlicues on final letters were not so rare in the script of the day.

I had trouble finding some BARRONs in Mevagissey censuses. I found them transcribed as BARROW, because of a curlicue. I'm also pretty confident that a newspaper article of the day, about the loss of a fishing boat in an accident, refers to OH's g-grandfather BARRON, not a Mr BARROW.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X