Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Hi, if some kind person was able to look up and transcribe BDM documents for NSW I'd be very grateful.

The ones I'm after are (in order of importance to me):

1) Reginald G Payne married Effie Macleod, NSW, 1925.
    If this one shows Effie as either divorced or widowed and with parents Hector & Catherine then (2) & (3) are also of interest:
    2) Henrietta Payne died NSW, 1953
    3) Reginald George Payne died NSW, 1967

These ones are of interest regardless of the outcome of (1):
    4) Alexander Terras died NSW, 1944
    5) Annie MacDonald died NSW, 1952, parents Hector & Catherine
    6) Mary Campbell died NSW, 1967, parents Hector & Catherine.

If it's of any interest or help then Effie, Annie & Mary were sisters. Henrietta & Effie are one and the same.
    Alexander Terras was Effie's first husband and I believe that Reginald was her third (I know all about No. 2!)

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by wulliam; 15-08-11, 09:10.
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

NSW BMD Registers

Hi William

Unfortunately members of the general public do not have access to the NSW BMD registers.

You can employ the services of a transcription agent - I think there are only 2. This is the link to one http://www.joymurrin.com.au/

You can search the Indexes online yourself for the reference numbers - http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHist...calRecords.htm

Hope this helps.

Vivian

Comment

Hi Vivian,

thanks for enlightening me about this - I'll have a look!
      Kind regards,
      William

Comment

Hi WilliamI presume that you have discovered that you can find out some info for free from NSWBMD, but it costs A$30 for each certificate with full info if you supply the registration number (which is part of the free info). Looking up your people, there does not seem to be a death of Annie McDonald in 1952 with parents Hector and Catherine, but Mary Campbell is there in 1967 (Reg No. 28291/1967) with those parents (in the Burwood District.)RegardsPauline O

Comment

William
          You might find this interesting if you have not already tried the National Library TROVE website (http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper)

Sydney Morning Herald 9th Sept 1903
          DIVORCE COURT.
          (Before Mr. Justice Simpson.)
          TERRAS v TERRAS
          Henrietta Terras (formerly Macleod) petitioned for a dissolution of her marriage with Alexander Wil liam Terras on the grounds of desertion, drunken-ness, non-support, and cruelty. The marriage took place in August, 1890, at Brisbane. The case was before the Court last week, when his Honor reserved
          his decision
          His Honour now found in favour of the petitioner on the issues of desertion, drunkenness, and non support, but found that the allegations of cruelty were not proven. A decree nisi was granted, returnable in three months, the petitioner to have the custody of the two children,

There are also various reports of Alexander's many court appearances for burglary etc.

If they married in Brisbane, then you will need to look at the Queensland BDM indexes, as each state keeps its own records.

Will look a bit further for the others in a bit

Di
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

No death notices for the unlamented Alexander, but there are some prison records in the Index on the State Records website.

I cannot find any death or funeral notices for Henrietta Payne or Annie Macdonald. Perhaps they were a family who did not put notices in the paper

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia

Comment

Pauline & dicole - many thanks...much appreciated. It's difficult doing Aussie research from England!
              Kind regards,
              William

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                Pauline & dicole - many thanks...much appreciated. It's difficult doing Aussie research from England!
                Probably no harder than doing Irish research from Australia - England and Scotland are not too bad, but Ireland is impossible !! There is quite a bit now on-line for Australian records, but you have to know where to look as each state has always been jealously separate. The National Library Newspapers Digitisation projuect (TROVE) I have found to be THE best website as a place to pick up information, getting around privacy restrictions and finding useful tibits of information.

Di
                Diane
                Sydney Australia

Comment

Is this the Alexander Terras born in Sheffield, abt 1871, emigrated to Queensland 1bt 1890 ?

Comment

Working...
                  X