Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BELSHAW's, COCHRAN'S from LURGAN, Northern Ireland, Please,Please Help, early 1800s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BELSHAW's, COCHRAN'S from LURGAN, Northern Ireland, Please,Please Help, early 1800s

Please help me with information about the Belshaw's and Cochran(e)'s from Lurgan, Northern Ireland in the early 1800s both watchmakers.

I would love to know more abiut these two families, do you know anything about them?? if so please help me.

Thanks,
    Heppy

Welcome to FTF, Heather.

What sort of places have you looked so far? Then those with NI expertise might know what else to recommend.

I have only just closed the windows form looking up info on NI research for someone else. I found quite a few suggestions, just by starting on the GenUKI page for Ireland: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/irl/

There may be some useful suggestions if you look in the FTF Reference Library, too.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

i guess you should post some people, and dates, and what it is you'd like to know. you must remember that irish records are difficult to work with, as most dont exist pre 1830's.

Comment

It's also important to know religion. For instance, Church of Ireland marriages had Civil Registration prior to other BMD events (all were required beginning in 1864). Also, school registers were useful (not sure when they started tho). And you'll need to which county to look in - Lurgan exists in several, apparently.

You may want to try: www.familysearch.org (or its earlier version, pilot.familysearch.org)

good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X