Question for Nottm or police researchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Nottm or police researchers

I've got a possible rellie who was a police sergeant in Nottingham in 1892. I've found him investigating a murder case then in The Meadows area. I've had an initial whizz through the census records & the only candidate I can find is someone who was listed as unemployed in 1891. Does anyone know of any records relating to the police that could help me ? I was in a rush when I looked & may have missed him & we have visitors for the next fortnight. So I'll have another look at the census records after they've gone, & I may not need your help, but any sites relating to the police would be useful, as they may have more information.

Thanks

Have you looked here http://www.blacksheepindex.co.uk/
    It looks a bit of an odd site but it is genuine and I have purchased records from them in the past.

Anne

Comment

Thank you Anne....got a few candidates for the black sheep !

Comment

Nottm Archives have some information - see here

Police officers registers

Coverage: 1828 - 1968
        Registers of police officers serving within the Nottingham Borough police force. The early registers simply give dates of appointment, while later ones detail transfers, career histories, marital status, number of children, physical descriptions and photographs. These records are kept among the City Police Department records.

Some registers are on restricted access. Contact us for more information.

Ann
        The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X