LDS new search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS new search

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked loads of times but the search box does not recognize LDS.
    Some time ago I searched the name Brewerton on the new search and it was great. Had loads of new info including a new gtx4 uncle. On the left hand side of the page all sorts of choices came up such as USA censuses, BMD etc. Now when I go on I only seem to be able to search via Europe. The new uncle has disappeared, he was William Brewton, Flintshire.
    Is there a way to get more info from the search page.
    Many thanks
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

This is the page I search on.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

You can choose where to search. Several William Brewertons in Flintshire come up.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy, that is also the page that I now get. However it does not come up with William Brewton 1794 but a couple of months it was in quite a different format and whilst searching for William Brewerton it gave me William Brewton who turned out to be related.
      The search page had a whole load of choices down the side, not the choices now given and the format was so easy to search.
      I was wondering if I was not noticing a tab that I was meant to hit.
      Will have some more hunting around to see if I can find what I remember.
      So disappointing.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

did you try widening the birth year? It now defaults to +/- 1 yr, I think.

Pilot.familysearch.org has a William James Brewerton, christened 16 Aug 1846 in hawarden, flint wales?

Comment

You probably have already found this

Edna

Comment

Hi Edna, That's my one-name study.
            It's not the Brewerton search that I am concerned about it is that the format of the new search has changed completely in 3 months. We have had builders in for 9 weeks and they left 2 weeks ago since when we have been busy decorating etc. When I came to search the LDS site yesterday I could not believe how it has changed.
            For example if you put in Brewerton USA in that first search page, on the next page that came up on the left hand side you had a whole list such as Louisiana census, civil war records and innumerable other snippets of info.
            All I get now is a long list of names. Yes, I can filter some of them out but if I don't know what is there, census from Ohio for eg., in the first place then I don't know to search for them.

I also cannot work out how to search with fathers name.
            Will be sticking to the old search for the foreseeable future.
            Thanks to all who have responded.
            Searching for:

Comment

To search by spouse or parental names, click on "advanced search" towards the bottom of the entry screen. Then click the "relationship" button and select parent or spouse (yeah, can't do both like you could with pilot).

I, too, am frustrated with the scope of records used. You can select the "collection" that you want to use - now it's "Browse by Location". That will allow you to drill down to the specific record type that you'd like.

I still miss pilot . . .

Comment

If you want the old pilot search it is here:

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

At the bottom click continue to pilot.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

you can still swap between the different versions, though for how long is anyones guess.

if you use this link: https://www.familysearch.org/ it takes you to the new site, but on the right hand side you can click on that to take you to the 'old' site, from there you use the advanced search and it will take you to the pilot site.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

On the link I gave post#8 there is a box to email them why you prefer the old pilot search
                    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I can't get that email box to work tho.

Unfortunately, pilot doesn't seem to have as many records as www.familysearch.org

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions.
                        The search that I am remembering was a sort of updated version of the pilot. If you put Brewerton USA in the pilot the list comes up as to where they are, for eg. John Brewerton, Louisiana census but I can't see how to only search that census.
                        The search they had some weeks ago had that facility.
                        I presume they were changing the system and I must stop moaning and except what is there!!
                        Searching for:

Comment

Working...
                        X