X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census

found my nan on the 1911 census summary books
    now is there a easy way to find the right page on the full census page
    or do i have to just keep going through page by page ?

thanks
    Louise

The same problem was discussed here: http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...es-on-Ancestry

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks trying it now but not sure which way to go up in numbers or down lol
      Louise

Comment

Sorry - can't help more than that! My Ancestry sub is no longer current and I rely on FMP.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

removed it now sorry
          Last edited by louise a; 09-08-11, 12:26.
          Louise

Comment

Here it is RG14PN16494 RG78 PN1021 RD360 SD3 ED12 SN56

WALKER, William Head Married M 49 1862 Potters Slip Maker Dawley Shropshire
            WALKER, Ann Wife Married 29 years F 47 1864 Transferer Potters Lytch Borslem Staffs
            WALKER, George Son Single M 20 1891 Differ Potters Dalchatt Staffs
            WALKER, John Son Single M 18 1893 General Labourer Pottery Dalchatt Staffs
            WALKER, Joseph Son M 11 1900 School Dalchatt Staffs
            WALKER, Samuel Son M 6 1905 School Dalchatt Staffs
            WALKER, Annie Daughter F 4 1907 School Dalehall Staffs

Comment

Here is a link to the page on Ancestry, if you want to look at it: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...lem.ALL.12.110

Linda
              Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

thank you very much but how did you no where to find it ?
                Louise

Comment

Go to the Ancestry 1911 page - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=2352

Put Staffordshire in county.
                  In Civil Parish put Burslem
                  A list of numbers comes up - ED in your list above is 12, so click on 12. which takes you to the start of the records.
                  The household schedule number you mention above is 56, so double that number and enter it in the image box.(there are 2 pages for each return) This should bring you close to the record you want. In this case, looking at the box in the top right hand corner of the census, it says it is record 57, so go back 2 images and you will find yours. (That's how I did it anyway )

Linda
                  Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Yes, that works.
                    Margaret

Comment

thanks very much i put number 3 instead of 12
                      Louise

Comment

one last thing is anyone havin trouble saving the census ?
                        i go into save in my docs then when i look for the image its not there
                        Louise

Comment

I had that problem once before and I think it was solved by right clicking the image to save rather than using the button.
                          I think there are some help instructions on ancestry for this problem too.
                          Margaret

Comment

Working...
                          X