familysearch.org LDS submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• familysearch.org LDS submission

on the new site how do you tell if the entry is a LDS member's submission ?
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

I was wondering that myself, Mike. I have just found some really important baptisms in a RC church for my ancestors and do hope thay are transcriptions of the record but I couldn't see where it might say so.

Anne

Comment

There was something in their blog about this, to the effect that at the moment only LDS members can see the source... I'll see if I can find it again and post a link.

Edit - try this link. Looks like submitted entries are not included on the new site and can only be viewed by LDS members.

http//ancestryinsider.blogspot.com/2011/01/where-did-igi-go.html

Edit2 - OK that's not working but here's what they said:
      Your comments on the uncertainly of submitted records is the reason they will not be in the newly organized FamilySearch.org. Instead they will be part of nfs (New Family Search) as conclusionary records. At this point they are not available online to non LDS members and can only be found in the old family search
      Last edited by Lindsay; 08-08-11, 12:04. Reason: Added link

Comment

So far as I can see, all the records on the new site show the source.

At the end of each entry it gives you the source film number; on the old site, go to Library - Library Catalogue - Film/Fiche search and enter the number, and it shows where the records come from.

On the new site, from the home page go to Catalogue - Film numbers and do the same.

Comment

The batch number usually gives a clue. C#####-# and M#####-# are extracted Christening and Marriage records, respectively. P#####-# is extracted from a parish register with mixed entries.

I had a feeling that there was a list on the Hugh Wallis site - or somewhere... I'll see if I can find the link.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Here you are: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....htm#PageTitle

The format of the batch number hasn't split off the last digit, but the effect is the same.

I think that I#####-# is a submission batch.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There are often duplicate records on the new site, because some are extracted from parish registers and some from bishops' transcripts for the same parish.

Comment

Now, today, when I searched for the person (Robert Arrand bapt 1866 in Barnsley) a message flashes up before the search results
                "Tree results from submitted pedigrees"
                I hope that just means only if there is a tree displayed and NOT that all the records are from submitted pedigrees!

Anne
                Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 09-08-11, 16:40.

Comment

Working...
                X