Naval personnel in 1916/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval personnel in 1916/17

Is it possible to find a list of naval personnel on a ship , i have the name of person and the ship) in 1916/17 please?

sunny

If you cant find what you are looking for here then join the Mariners list on the same site and ask a question they normally reply next day and are very helpful

Edna

Comment

Thanks for the link Edna, unfortunately I would have to be a relative to trace him through the lists. I'll have to think of another way of finding him.

sunny

Comment

Ships' musters are held at Kew. I'm not sure how late they run - i.e., whether they have C20th lists as well as the earlier ones.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Is this any help?

I presume you are talking about Royal Navy ratings? Do you mean you want to find everyone who was on a particular ship or what ships a particular person was on?
          Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie I just want to find a sailor on HMS Isis in 1917. I found the ship on a site and there are pictures of the crew, in 1911 he was on the Isis at Torquay,Devon, just want to know if he was still on it in 1917, if he was he's not who I am looking for.

sunny

Comment

Can't find him there I reckon he left the navy after 1911, if so he's my man.

sunny

Comment

Working...
              X