a little help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help please...

Not sure this is the right place, but can I ask someone to look again at a findmypast death registration? I am no longer on there, but missed out the date on my copied bit! - Frodsham70

Who do you want to look for?
    Craig

Comment

Hello Craig. I copied the page from the death register and didn't include the column where the date that the entry was made is put.
      The record is for the death of John Little on the 16 May 1889 in Newton-le-Willows. His wife Emma registered the death and it puts her in Liverpool on the day of registration, yes? She didn't go to the funeral. It might be a clue to when she went home up north to Sunderland.
      Death duty register record – index to records: (1889. Liverpool 6223)

Comment

Can I ask again for someone to take a quick look at this, please? I'm trying to sort out what happened after my gggrandfather's death.

Comment

The Death Duty Index is nothing to do with registering the death - it is about death duties and gives the name of the executor of the will (I think). If you have access to Ancestry the National Probate Calendar has the info you need.

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Scuda

Thanks for that, I've been sat here puzzling how anyone could see a complete death cert online lol!

OC
            Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 13-08-11, 11:44.

Comment

I have sent you a PM (Private Message) Frodsham. See notifications at the top of the page.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Have been trying to reply to your PM but not succeeding: I said
                • Chrissie Smiff : Yes, that is the right John Little, but not what I am after. If I knew how to put an attachment on here I could show you.....I have a screenprint from fmp and the list is headed 'Death Duty register record'. Maybe I am wrong and there wasn't another column on the left for the actual date that the death was recorded, maybe they are all lumped together as three months of deaths. I just want to know if I can find the date that Emma Little was in Liverpool, because there is a mystery about when she went home to Sunderland. However I have been reminded that she was in Liverpool on the 9th June!

Comment

What did I do wrong to keep getting an error message about a ';' ?
                  How do I put an attachment on a PM, if I can ?

Comment

If you read my message again Frodsham I gave the actual date of probate as 3rd June 1889 and the death was 16th May 1889. It was also on the image.

Comment

Deaths have to be registered within five days, so the death would have been registered by 21st May at the latest. I'm a bit puzzled though - you must already have the death certificate to know that Emma was the informant at death, so the date of registration should be on the certificate.

OC

Comment

Frodsham, there is no more info (probably less) in the Death Duties index than is in the National Probate Calendar. I can't work out what you think you can find out from it - maybe I'm missing your point.

scuda
                        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

I think Frodsham is trying to trace Emma's movements but I don't think you can make any assumptions from the Death Duty Register information.

You say that John Little died in Liverpool but the only death I can see was registered in Warrington, which isn't Liverpool, so you cannot fix Emma in Liverpool from that information.

I cannot view the Death Duty registers, but do you know for a fact that Emma was his executor? Also, even if she was, she didn't have to be in Liverpool to appear on the register, probate can be done from anywhere in the country/world.

OC

Comment

It says OC that the will was proved in Liveprool by Emma Little, widow the Relict one of the Executors.

Comment

Ah right, thanks Chrissie, that's clear enough then.

OC

Comment

Sorry OC, I didn't express myself very well. I suppose I was trying to find out what information Frodsham thinks is hidden in the death duty registers that isn't in the NPC.

scuda

Comment

There can be a lot more information in the Death Duty Records - not the index, but the actual documents (at Kew) - only up to 1903 though. Entries could be annotated over a period of years, so can give information on death or remarriage of spouse or any of the beneficiaries, changes of address, birth of later grandchildren, etc.
                                  The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                                  Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

But all entries would be indexed on the Death Duty Records, and the will or probate would be in the PCC (for estates after the year that PCC took on everything in ?1858?)?

Comment

Yes 1858 is the cut off year.
                                      Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                      X